1. Pie Hole: Thanks to its proximity to some of Salt Lake’s best bars and lounges, Pie Hole has long been a go-to for a post-beer, pre-bed slice. The pizza here is some of this city’s best, and the vibe is delightfully divey. Go for the potato bacon pie, stay for the graffiti-covered walls and vintage arcade games. 344 S State St., Mon. - Sun., 11:00a - 2:00a
2. Yoko Ramen: A recent addition to the local food scene, the menu here is fairly simple but packed full of rich, intriguing flavors--the response to which has been solid, to say the least. Yoko has gained plenty of attention since its opening and, with cold winter nights right around the corner, a bowl of their tonkotsu ramen is surely in order. Tues. - Sat., 11:00a - 3:00p and 6:00p - 12:00a, Sun., 12:00p - 8:00p
3. Eva's: A healthier, more cuisine driven late-night fix, Eva’s is, first and foremost, about delicious flavors and family-style small plates. The menu is fairly eclectic, ranging from Mediterranean dishes to comfort food staples. In other words, a fervent dedication to quality is the real cornerstone of this spot. Mon. - Thurs., 5:00p - 11:00p, Fri. - Sat., 5:00p - 12:00a, Sun., 5:00p - 10:00p
4. Alberto's: Mexican fast-food has assuredly established itself in the pantheon of after-hours grub. Alberto’s stays true to that tradition. Every bite here, be it from a guac-smothered taquito or an enchilada combo plate, is flavorful and fulfilling, and their burritos (the classic bean and cheese is a win) are particularly adept at staving off impending hangovers. Mon. - Sat. open 24 hrs., closed Sun.
5. Proper Burger: Located adjacent to Proper Brewing, Proper Burger is the spot for patties of unquestionable quality. From classic accouterments to more inventive concoctions like the “Rising Sun” (kimchee, miso aioli, fried egg, cilantro, Sriracha, cucumber pickles), the burgers here are all solid. Same goes for the sides and suds, from hand-cut fries to onion rings, and an abundance of craft beers. It's all equally enticing. Mon. - Wed., 11:00a - 10:00p, Thurs. - Sat., 11:00a - 1:00a, Sun. 9:00a - 10:00p
6. Tacos Don Rafa: One of the carts perennially located on the corner of State Street and 8th South, Tacos Don Rafa is quintessential, no frills, cook-top-grease-covered Mexican. The carne asada, pastor, barbacoa, and carnitas are all crazy flavorful, and the cooler perched next to the cart is never short on fresh toppings and sauces. Summer nights in the Sears parking lot with a paper plate piled high...that's as idyllic a setting as we can think of. Mon. - Sun., 10:00a - 11:45p