Quint-Essentials | Super Soakers
Time for another installment in our Quint-Essentials series, and we couldn’t be more excited about it. If you’ll recall, Quint-Essentials is the super-fun series in which we grab five of our favorite things and present them to a few of our favorite people (you). In QE’s past, we’ve gushed about fireplaces, kitchens, pools, and decks that we simply adore. Today’s installment? A few bathtubs that make us swoon. Particularly fitting, what with temperatures hovering near freezing and all, wouldn’t you say? Put on your compilation of rainforest sounds, pour a glass of wine, and grab that box of Calgon you’ve been saving since 1987…we’re about to take you awaaaaay.
1) The Chiaramonte Home. We’ll be talking about this space (that we helped design!) for a while to come. Countless details here are to die for, and the tub is most certainly one of them. The main bath was spared no luxury–it’s gleaming with bright, clean tile, marble, and perfectly-hung pendants. But the modern, freestanding tub has our hearts, and no wonder…it’s abutted by an L-shaped window that extends from the floor, then cantilevers over the tub…and can go from clear to opaque with the touch of a button. #serenitynow
2) The Hayes’ LEED Home. We featured this home some years ago, and even then, the Japanese soaking tub and open-concept bathroom in which it stood were a standout feature among a thousand noteworthy details. The owners were inspired by none other than the likes of our favorite local massage joint, The Kura Door, and they made the decision to incorporate the same peaceful practice in their re-design. Warm wood, hot water, and some crystal-cool relaxation. Talk about taking the plunge. Full story here.
3) At Ease on Military. This one just so happens to be on the market, so pay attention because you could actually end up in this tub. Plenty to love in this Federal Heights home, but the bath in the main suite is just sublime. Freestanding, yes…but it’s more than that. For one, the adjacent windows overlook the pool/back yard, so a fresh snowfall will be a welcome treat. Perhaps even better, however, is that double-sided fireplace. Look up the definition of “romance”…oh, never mind. This is it. Listing story here.
4) The Apollo House. It’s certainly not the first time we’ve gushed about the house on Apollo, but we feel certain it won’t be the last, either. It also made the list for our fave pools and best fireplaces, but the tub in the main suite here is no slouch. We all love a good alcove tub, especially when the surround is a rich, dark wood, accompanied by just the right design touches. We’re envisioning the lights dimmed and a slew of candles on all available surfaces. See what we did there? Full story here.
5) The Kristianna House. Ooooh, delight, this one’s on the market, too. We don’t need to spell out what that means, but we will: you + the tub below = reality. This Federal Heights home is one of our favorite lessons in clean, modern lines and simple, symmetrical living. And the main bath…sigh. Another modern, freestanding tub surrounded by a bevy of perfect design details. Loads of natural light from myriad windows, white tile, and warm wood for days. And you…still in the tub. Can you imagine? Listing story here.