Quint-Essentials | Pools Out for Summer
The warm is officially here, folks. In our last edition of Quint-Essentials, we supplied you with some early-summer eye candy in the form of a few fantastic decks. Quite frankly, the soaring temps are starting to get to us, and we find ourselves staring out our office windows and dreaming of margaritas, cabana boys, and–perhaps most essentially–pools. For those in need of a crash course, Quint-Essentials is our COLLECTIVE “Best Of” series, wherein we give you the run-down on 5 of our favorite _______ (fireplaces, kitchens, etc). Point is, it’s not what they are that makes them so aces in our book, it’s the way that they’re doing it. So without further ado, let’s dive in.
1) Viewcrest Circle. We listed (and sold) this hillside beauty ’round this time last year. Modern build, wall of windows, and those views? Yeah, they’re visible from the entire open-concept main living space (open the Nana wall, and said area nearly doubles in size with outdoor deck space), as well as that sensational swimming hole. We don’t mean to get sappy, but those views are known to make weaker men than we fall to their knees and wax poetic-like. Oh, Viewcrest. How do we love thee? Let us count the ways… Full story here.
2) Kristianna Circle. Our COLLECTIVE notebooks are completely a-scribbled with the name of this modern, minimalist, completely magical home in Federal Heights. We sold it to a sensational COLLECTIVE comrade a few years back, and he quickly whipped up arguably the world’s best remodel. What stands now is a lesson in “less is more,” and this delicious backyard space is the understated exclamation point. A clean-n-modern swim spot tucked into the untamed hillside = just our kind of juxtaposition. (And lucky you, this daydream happens to be available again.) Full story here.
3) St. Mary’s Circle. Man, our friends have good taste. The original Emil Fetzer midmod attached to this poolside was designed specifically for this plot, so it should come as no surprise that the views/land/home combination is a palate pleaser. Sumptuously squared off and surrounded by an ace landscaping job, this oasis is exactly why we can’t get enough of this hillside hood. “Life elevated”? Surely, this is what they had in mind. Full story here.
4) Military Way. We’ve recently gotten to know this Spanish-style Federal Heights casa, and we’re charmed, to be sure. For starters, it’s posted up in one of our favorite salty ‘hoods. The exposed beams and French doors within this space seamlessly blend with the paradise you’ll find without. Open a wall of windows in the second kitchen, and you’ll find you have all you need poolside. And that, my friends, is what they call being made in the shade. Full story here.
5) Upcoming Place of Worship. You probably won’t recognize this staggeringly-stunning poolside space, and that’s because you haven’t been properly introduced…yet. A wall of windows connects this modern manor’s open-concept living space with a jaw-dropper of a backyard space. A few tiered decks not only overlook this stunning swimming pool, but the entire valley as well. Jonesing for more? (yeah, you are.) We’ll offer up the formal introductions next week…