Field Notes: It’s Summer. Do Stuff.
It’s simple, really. Do anything that makes your friends smile, dress-up, laugh, be outside. For me, it was a pool party, but it can likely be done with any of the following:
1. Slip ‘n’ Slide-Show; find a hill, turn up summer music, procure a length of plastic, add water.
2. Wine, Cheese ‘n’ Croquet Soiree; an idea via Ms. Wendy Barela, simply dress fancy, pour a glass, and channel The Heathers.
3. Group River Rally; choose your body of water wisely, as well as your tube. Hold hands with your neighbor.
4. Inflatable Pool Party; in-ground not necessary – just a wee something for playing “splash” in the heat.
5. Easy, Breezy Lawn-Luncheon; blankets on the grass, refreshing Mojitos and some music.
6. Water Fight Fête; pick your battle grounds, wear camo, find ammo (i.e. balloons, guns, hoses, etc.)
7. Canyon Hike Hoopla; easy on the “hoopla”. Take in what nature offers for free.