Cozy Nook | Grab a Book
Everyone needs a space to retreat from the grind of daily life. A good spot for curling up with a book, a little relaxation and meditation, or a touch of alone time. Life as a 3-year old can be tough; precisely why I was asked by Gabby’s parents to pull some design thoughts together and create a little book nook in their Millcreek home. It was the perfect solution for a dead-end basement hallway, and it came down to using every bit of square footage to the fullest/most efficient extent. The steps for creating this little oasis are pretty simple, actually:
1. Find a small space typically used for random storage or nothing at all.
2. Grab a wool flokati rug [or similar] and lay it beneath a cuddle puddle of pillows.
3. Add a stylish reading lamp to put Dr. Seuss in the best possible light.
4. Hang a couple of pieces of art for inspiration and reflection.
5. Find some cute curtains [a critical ingredient!] and close the space off to potential intruders.
Bottom line, get creative. There’s usually at least one spot in every home that doesn’t get used and could do with a touch of life. See below for a ‘before’ shot and plenty of cozy ‘afters’.